Krzysztof “Krys” Cios, Ph.D., D.Sc., MBA
Virginia Commonwealth University
School of Engineering
Department of Computer Science
East Hall, Room 4225A
401 West Main Street
P.O. Box 843019
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3019
- M.S., electrical engineering, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, 1973
- Ph.D., computer science, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, 1984
- M.B.A., University of Toledo, Ohio, 1994
- D.Sc., Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, 1999
- Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences, Foreign Member
- Data Science
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Computational Neuroscience
- Biomedical Informatics
- Nguyen DT and Cios KJ. 2015. OneClass-DS Algorithm. Applied Soft Computing, October 2015, (35) 267-279
- Higuera C, Gardiner KJ and Cios KJ. 2015. Self-organizing Feature Maps Identify Proteins Critical to Learning in a mouse model of Down Syndrome. PloS One, published June 25, 2015
- Cano A, Nguyen DT, Ventura S and Cios KJ. 2014. ur-CAIM: improved CAIM discretization for unbalanced and balanced data. Soft Computing, October 2014
- Strack B, Jacobs K and CiosKJ. 2014. Simulating vertical and horizontal inhibition with short term dynamics in a multi-column multi-layer model of Neocortex. International Journal of Neural Systems, 24(5): 1440002 (2014) [19 pages] DOI: 10.1142/S0129065714400024
- Cano A, Ventura S and Cios KJ. 2014. Scalable CAIM Discretization on Multiple GPUs Using Concurrent Kernels. The Journal of Supercomputing, July 2014, 69(1), pp 273-292, DOI:10.1007/s11227-014-1151-8
- Strack B, Olmo J, DeShazo, Jennings C, Cios KJ and Clore JN. 2014. Impact of HbA1c Measurement on Hospital Readmission Rates: Analysis of 70,000 Clinical Database Patient Records. Hindawi Publishing Corp.: BioMed Research International, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 781670, 11 pages, DOI:10.1155/2014/781670
- Nguyen DT, Nguyen CD, Hobson R, Kurgan LA and Cios KJ. 2013. mi-DS: Multiple-Instance Learning Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, 43(1)143-154
- H.K. Lim, L.P. Keniston, J.H. Shin, B.L. Allman, M.A. Meredith and K.J. Cios. 2011. Connectional Parameters Determine Multisensory Processing in a Spiking Network Model of Multisensory Convergence. Experimental Brain Research, 213(2-3):329-339
- C. Nguyen, K. Gardiner and K.J. Cios. 2011. Protein Annotation from Protein Interaction Networks and Gene Ontology. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 44(5):824-829
- H.K. Lim, L.P. Keniston and K.J. Cios. 2011. Modeling of Multisensory Convergence with a Network of Spiking Neurons: A Reverse Engineering Approach. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 58(7):1940-1949
- D. Nguyen, A. Costa, K.J. Cios and K. Gardiner. 2011. Machine Learning Methods predict locomotor response to MK-801 in mouse models of Down syndrome. Journal of Neurogenetics, 25(1-2):40-51
- J.H. Shin, D. Smith, W. Swiercz, K. Staley, T. Rickard, J. Montero, L. Kurgan and K.J. Cios. 2010. Recognition of Partially Occluded and Rotated Images with a Network of Spiking Neurons. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 21(11):1697-1708
- A. Gehrke, S. Sun, L. Kurgan, N. Ahn, K. Resing, K. Kafadar and K. Cios. 2008. Improved machine learning method for analysis of gas phase chemistry of peptides. BMC Bioinformatics 9:515, DOI:10.1186/1471-2105-9-515
- L.A. Kurgan, K.J. Cios, H. Zhang, T. Zhang, K. Chen, S. Shen and J. Ruan. 2008. Sequence-based Methonds for Real Value Predictions of Protein Structure. Current Bioinformatics 3(3):183-196.
- C-Y. Yen, K.J. Cios. 2008. Image recognition system based on novel measures of image similarity and cluster validity. Neurocomputing 72, pp. 401-412, DOI:10.1016/j.neucom.2007.12.018.
- C.D. Nguyen, K.J. Cios. 2008. GAKREM: A novel hybrid clustering algorithm. Information Sciences 178, pp. 4205-4227, DOI information:10.1016/ j.ins.2008.07.016.
- L. Kurgan, K.J Cios, K. Chen. 2008. SCPRED: Accurate prediction of protein structural class for sequences of twilight-zone similarity with predicting sequences. BMC Bioinformatics 2008, 9:226 doi:10.1186/1471-2105-9-226.
- K. Staley, W. Swiercz, K.J. Cios. 2008. Validating Models Of Epilepsy. In: Computational Neuroscience in Epilepsy(Computational Neuroscience), Soltesz I., Staley K. (eds.), Academic Press.
- C. Nguyen, M. Mannino, K. Gardiner and K.J. Cios. 2008. ClusFCM: Algorithm for Prediction of Protein Functions Using Homologies and Protein Interactions. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology 6(1):203-222.
- J. Lovelace and K.J. Cios. 2008. A Very Simple Spiking Neuron Model that Allows for Efficient Modeling of Complex Systems. Neural Computation, 20(1):65-90.
Virginia Commonwealth University does not endorse these commercial providers or their products. This site contains links to external (non-VCU) websites. VCU is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.